Meet David Shein. David is a founding partner of Our Innovation Fund (OIF) and an investment committee member. He has founded, mentored and invested in countless startups, and has been involved in more than a few successful exits. Previously, David founded and was the director of Com Tech Communications, which was acquired for over $1 billion.
If you ask the question ‘who is the best angel investor in Australia?’ you get a lot of different answers, but David’s name is bound to come up at least once. For this reason, among others, we were extremely excited to have him on The Lead Investor show. In our conversation, we talked about David’s early career with Com Tech, how to empower a team, what mentoring has meant to him and how Australian companies can be more competitive on the global stage.
- How Com Tech won so much market share
- Why democracy is a key element of a successful team
- How being a mentor has helped David rediscover purpose
- Domination strategy for Australian startups
- The elements that make up a happy life
- Com Tech
- Holly Connects