David Shein is a founding partner of Our Innovation Fund (OIF) and a non-executive chairman at MOQ Ltd. In past lives, he was the executive chairman of MacromatiX Australia, founder of Dimension Data Australia, founder of Com Tech Communications and chairman of Centric Wealth Advisers. David has been around the block a few times and has a great deal of experience, and in this episode of The Lead Investor show, he’s sharing some of his top insights with you.
In the final part of our conversation, we get to the heart of what sets David apart from other investors. We touched on the role a lead investor should play, the importance of focusing on a value-added approach, and we riffed about the state of the startup ecosystem in Australia.
- The difference between an angel investor and a fund manager
- Why enterprise is a sweet spot for Australian startups
- How the Israeli startup ecosystem matured
- Why it’s important for fund managers to put their money where their mouth is
- What the future of startups in Australia looks like
- Telstra Ventures
- Square Peg