If you’ve been keeping up-to-date with recent episodes of The Lead Investor show, you’ll know that Elaine Stead is an excellent source of wisdom when it comes to VC, and in our conversations she’s been sharing her expertise to help you better understand the entrepreneurial landscape in Australia and how to make the right investment decisions.
In the third and final instalment of our conversations with Elaine, we talk about the future growth potential areas in Australian tech (and how the government has a role to play), due diligence and why Australian VC is so uniquely poised to take off in the coming years.
- The state of the agriculture industry in Australia and what it means for investors
- How Australia can transition to a knowledge-based economy
- What attracted Elaine to VC in the first place
- Why it’s important for founders to think about VC returns
- Elaine’s due diligence on the personal, conceptual and financial levels