Every entrepreneur goes through ups and downs, but if you want to succeed in business then you need to learn from your mistakes. During Jeremy Liddle’s time as CEO of RioLife, he saw the company distribute its products to over 2,000 stores across Australia and be named Australia’s Fastest Growing Business by My Business Magazine. But that’s only half the story.
For the inaugural episode of The Lead Investor podcast, Jeremy shares his journey, explaining how the lessons he learned allowed him to help millions of businesses worldwide in his position as President of the G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance, and then go on to co-found CapitalPitch with Emlyn Scott.
- How to run a business that helps people and the planet, while also making a profit
- Steps you need to take to find investment for your business, and the importance of maintaining control
- Why a knowledge of the startup industry gives you the edge over big businesses
- The importance of doing what you love because you love it, rather than simply to make money
- Why you need to go back to basics every now and then in business
Items mentioned in today’s show:
- Jeremy’s book, From Idea to Startup
- The beginnings of CapitalPitch
- Jeremy’s first venture as an entrepreneur with RioLife
- Jeremy’s career as a DJ and in the party industry
- The changing attitude toward entrepreneurship in Australia